¾ C Masa Flour
½ C Water (or however much needed to bring the dough together without being too dry or too wet)
3/4 tsp citric acid
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp msg
3/4 tsp sugar
3 Tbsp Electric Sky
Oil for Deep frying (Peanut or Canola)
1) Make the masa dough by combining the masa and water, let sit covered for 30 minutes.
2) Roll out dough to approximately 3 mm thickness (just about a thick sheet of paper) in the shape of a 3-inch diameter circle. To do this, place in between two layers of plastic wrap and press with a heavy pan.
3) Using the plastic wrap, carefully roll up the circle into a cigar shape. Place the rolled tortilla onto a baking sheet with parchment paper
4) After rolling up however many tortillas, prepare the hot oil in a deep pan or pot (350 degrees F).
5) Carefully toss in the tortillas and spread them around the oil so they don’t stick together. Cook until very lightly golden all around and the tortillas make a knocking sound when tapped. Remove the chips and let them completely cool on a paper towel.
6) In the meantime, create the coating simply by adding all the ingredients to a deep bowl and mix until uniform. Throw in the chips and toss them around until fully coated.